July 22nd, 2009
I don’t know if I mentioned this, but a few weeks ago, my hard drive died. It was all, “Oh happy dagger!” and gutted itself on the hotel room floor in San Antonio. Here’s the thing: all our music was on there. Not all of it, technically, since much of my music is still on my old old compy that is way too slow to even attempt to transfer at this point. And the rest of it exists in CD form but like OMG there is so much to sift through there and half of it is poop anyway.
I got to thinking recently that I haven’t listened to any new music since, maybe, Justin Timberlake’s bizarrely titled FutureSex/LoveSounds and it’s not so much that I’m embarrassed but I guess I’m just confused. I don’t really listen to music on the radio anymore. I occasionally tune into my friend Jon’s radio show on Wednesdays at 7pm (wprb.com) but when I say occasionally, I mean like I can remember doing it once in the past 6 months (sorry, Jon, I’m a bad friend). My brother and sister have this sixth sense about finding music. I don’t know how they do it and I’m too embarrassed to ask. Also, I know I wouldn’t have the stick-to-it-tive-ness to keep up with it.
So I know some things I love never made it off my old compy. Stuff like Jimmy Eat World, The Mountain Goats, The Thermals and I’ve survived without them which is the sad part. I’ve gotten by on The Beastie Boys, The Beatles and the Juno sound track for a while now but now, I need your help.
Remind me what I like to listen to so I can get some stuff on this new hard drive (and I’m going to back it up this time, I swear! We have like a billion gigs on our external hard drive but we were too lazy being pregnant and fixing up the baby room to transfer anything but pictures onto it. Pictures that are already mostly backed up on the Internets. Nice going, right?)
So I’ve given you some direction but feel free to take liberties with my libraries.
July 19th, 2009
I’m at a conferece today. 3rd and final day. Have been sitting on the floor with an office chair-modesty-fort so that I can pump. The things I do to keep that baby fed.
So worth it though.
July 7th, 2009
Bruno is figuring out how to crawl properly. While he can cover ground on his belly he hasn’t gotten his legs/knees under him yet. Just now he was trying some things and put his face directly into the floor. Hard. Picked his head up, dazed and a second late started whimpering. So sad. So cute. I picked him up and patted his back. All better now.
July 2nd, 2009
ok, let’s do this bullet point style.
- I went on a couple vacations. Ok, “vacations.” Here’s what happened.
- Baby flew like a champ on 1st two flights
- Baby slept like a newborn!
- Mom and dad slept like parents of a newborn
- We saw the Alamo. It was not worth the lack of sleep
- Baby flew like a champ on 1st flight home. Baby flew like you would expect a baby to fly on the 2nd flight home. No complaints there, really.
- We went to the beach. Here’s what happened.
- Weather was just ‘eh’
- Water was cold
- Baby did not enjoy the ocean, see #2.
- Pool was off limits to non-potty-trained children
- Hubby and I went on a double date of sorts with BH & CH. CRABS! And MARGARITA! It was awesome.
- We all had Coldstone for the first time. Not bad.
- Baby slept much better on this trip. Halle-freaking-luja.
- We’re back in philly and sleeping is going much, better.
- I had a touch of stomach trouble on Monday and then again last night. Went to the ER at 2am. Saw a doctor at 7am. By that time my stomach pain was gone and absolutely nothing was accomplished except that I slept 2 hours last night. Awesome.
- I am currently unable to stand for longer than 10 seconds.
- Am a zombie.
- Uh-oh, my stomach hurt a little just now.
- Here are some pictures.
im 6 mumfs owd naow! dis frog iz smawler dan befour.
i can has organic cheerioz?
and cold onez on mah gumz pleez?
Bruno. Loves. Kitties.
Ok, people I have to go eat some soup.